Canadian Western Agribition offers 3 different scholarships to provide financial support and incentive to students in order to pursue post secondary and graduate education.
CANADIAN WESTERN AGRIBITION SCHOLARSHIP
The Canadian Western Agribition (CWA) Scholarship program is intended to provide financial support and incentive to young people in order to pursue post-secondary and graduate education. The funding for the scholarship program is derived from a variety of CWA activities, as well as from recognized outside contributions. The number of scholarships awarded in any year is dependent upon the financial resources available to the program, and the number of qualified applications submitted.
- Applicants must have participated in CWA as an exhibitor. Eligible exhibitor activites include all livestock classes, 4-H classes, and active trade exhibit participation.
- The dollar value of each scholarship will be $2,500.
- The applicant may be a Grade 12 student, post-secondary, or graduate student.
- Current CWA Board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the CWA Scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be used at a recognized post-secondary and graduate educational institution.
- No applicant is eligible for more than two CWA scholarship awards in his/her academic career.
- Deadline for application is October 1.
- Successful scholarship candidates will be contacted directly by CWA by November 15.
- There is no age limit for the applicants.
- Upon selection being made by CWA, $2,500 will be awarded upon proof of academic standing at the end of the first semester. This payment will be disbursed to the applicant’s educational institution.
Click here to learn more about this scholarship.