In response to the flooding in BC, the BC Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries has put together a listing of mental health resources for BC Farmers.
Information and contact numbers for mental wellness support for producers.
- Mental health resources for agriculture sector
- Virtual mental health supports – Province of British Columbia
- AgSafe mental wellness resources for producers and employers
- AgSafe’s new Mental Wellness App, Avail, available FREE on the Apple App Store
- Avail Telehealth network provides access to the practitioners for
- Weekly check-ups
- Well being library
- Access to online and in person appointments
- Read more
- Health Emergency Management BC (HEMBC)
- Requesting Telephone Support
AgriService phone line 1-888-221-7141 is available to producers impacted by flooding that need additional support.
The Ministry’s priority is supporting those directly impacted and routine calls to AgriService may have delayed response times.