Sponsorship & Support Opportunity
A Farm Transition Toolkit
Over the next 10 years, 75% farms will change hands, yet only 8% of farmers have a written transition plan. This uncertainty about the future of the farm is putting tremendous stress on our farmers and future farmers and jeopardizes the future of farming in Canada.
Farm Management Canada is looking for Farm Transition Champions to support and promote FarmTransitionGuide.ca, a Farm Transition Toolkit that will connect farmers with the resources and services to assist with all stages of the farm transition process.
The toolkit is a one-stop shop for all things transition planning including:
- The Farm Transition Guide: a tool that guides farmers through the steps of transition depending on circumstances and stage of transition
- Resources available to assist with farm transition including worksheets, videos and other learning tools
- Sharing and celebrating transition successes large and small, complete with communication tools to encourage farmers to start talking transition.
- Connecting farmers with farm transition advisors.
This is where you come in!
If you are a champion of farm transition planning, help us bring the Toolkit to life by becoming a project partner.
Depending on your contribution, you can receive:
- Opportunity to contribute to and advise on the development of the toolkit and its components
- Targeted communication materials (for email, newsletters, social media, handouts) to share with your members, stakeholders and/or clients)
- Logo on all promotional materials and ongoing communications regarding the project and outcomes
- Demonstrate you and/or your organization as a Champion of Farm Transition, exploring opportunities challenges and finding solutions for Canada’s farmers.
This project is funded by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada under the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) AgriCompetitiveness program on a 50/50 cost-share basis. We are looking to partner with industry stakeholders who are committed to supporting Canada’s current and future farm managers and can help us achieve the cost-share requirements for the project.
We are proud to say we have secured support from Farm Credit Canada (FCC) and BDO as project partners!
To discuss how you can join this winning team and be recognized as a champion of farm transition in Canadian agriculture, contact:
Shawna Holmes, PhD
Project Manager/ Gestionnaire de projet
Farm Management Canada / Gestion agricole du Canada