TAKING A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO MANAGING FARM RISK
Roots to Success
Virtual Risk Management Training Workshops for Hemp Growers
Farm Management Canada, the Canadian Herb, Spice & Specialty Ag & Natural Health Products Coalition (CHSNC), and Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd are pleased to be bringing this FREE G.A.C.P. & Roots to Success training workshop to Hemp Growers!
Farm life can be unpredictable, even on the best days – weather, pests, market conditions, relationships, financial issues, and more recently, COVID-19 can affect not only day-to-day farm management but the future of the operation altogether. In recent years, producers have seen the devastating effects that certain risks can have on a farm. But, with risk, also comes opportunity for those who are positioned to take calculated risks. This is why it’s important to plan for risk.
The virtual workshop will allow you to:
- Build a risk management program that you can show to your financial institutions, buyers and insurers, so they get the reassurance they need.
- Gain knowledge, tools and resources to make better business decisions and manage your risk
- Receive your GACP certification
- Share best practices and lessons learned with others that are in similar situations
- Begin to create a comprehensive risk management plan tailored to your farm
Thanks to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the Agri-Risk Initiatives Program, this session is FREE to producers.
By participating in this virtual workshop, you will gain free access to AgriShield®, an online risk management platform for a period of one year.
Dates and Times:
FIRST HALF: March 13, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CST
SECOND HALF: March 14, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CST
- In order to receive your GACP certificate, registrants MUST be in attendance on both days. By registering, you are registering for both dates.
- These sessions will NOT be recorded. Attendance of the live event is required.
- This workshop is designed for invited Hemp Growers only. For this reason, registrations will be reviewed. Accepted registrants will receive a follow-up email containing instructions for accessing the event.
- Participants are expected to have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection to attend the training.
For any questions about the workshop, please contact info(at)fmc-gac.com
Registration for this workshop has closed.
Brought to you by: