Programs + Services
Agricultural Excellence Conference
December 2-4, 2019
Fredericton Convention Centre and Crowne Plaza | Fredericton, New Brunswick
The Agricultural Excellence Conference (AgEx) welcomes anyone and everyone from farmers to advisors, academia, organizations, private industry, and government to join us in Fredericton to exchange expertise and insights to continue to position Canada’s farmers for success through farm management excellence.
The theme Cultivating Resilience focuses on building the capacity for you and your farm to weather any storm and seize opportunity. A healthy farm depends on a healthy farmer, healthy relationships and healthy business. We will discuss the future of Canadian agriculture, the implications for farm managers, and the practical ways farmers can achieve sustainable growth and prosperity. Conference-goers will come away from AgEx equipped with information and tools to enhance Canada’s farm businesses.
From our farm management showcase to expert speakers, you’ll be introduced to farm business management like never before, with ample opportunity for interactive learning and networking through discussion and breakout sessions.
There’s something for everyone at AgEx!
|Registration Fees||Early Bird – Buy one, get one @ 50% off
Membership will be verified upon completion of registration. Students are asked to bring Student Identification with them to the conference registration table or risk being charged the full registration rate.
Conference Registrations are non-refundable, however you may transfer your registration to another person up to one week prior to the conference (November 25).
Funding May Be Available!
Farmers, consult your Provincial-Territorial Governments for funding assistance to attend AgEx.
Want some help? See the below Application Guides we have prepared to help you through the process.
- Ag Action Manitoba for Farmers Online Program Application
- Ag Action Manitoba for Farmers Qualification Details
- Manitoba CAP Funding Application Guide
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Agriculture Business Program Guide
- Online Application
- Application Checklist
- Application Guide by Farm Management Canada
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program Guide
- Application Guide by Farm Management Canada
Prince Edward Island
Attention CAFA Advisors: 5 CPD Credits Available!
Please note: Unfortunately, we can offer no assistance of any kind to international delegates. Agricultural Excellence is a nationally-focused conference within Canada. Although we appreciate interest from delegates from around the world, we are unable to provide letters of invitation for travel into Canada.
Accommodations & Venue
Fredericton Convention Centre
670 Queen Street
Reserve your room now!
Crowne Plaza Fredericton
659 Queen St.
Mention you are with Farm Management Canada.
Negotiated Room Rate: $133.00 / night (December 1-5)
Hotel Deadline: November 1, 2019
As a valued contributor to Canada’s agricultural success we are offering a
number of ways to participate and offer your support. Our delegates are your business. We hope you’ll see the value in putting your message front and centre during the event, showing your clients and/or potential business partners just how important they are to you in appreciation of their ongoing contribution to this country’s economic health.
‘Bridging The Gap’ Sponsor
Kick Start Sponsor
Below are articles and other multimedia items on the subject of the AgEx Conference. Click on a link below to view the item of your choice.
Past Conference Coverage
- Mental health is not a sidebar
- Cash advance program can be particularly beneficial for young farmers
- Episode 20: Nikolas Badminton – Agriculture 3.0 Innovation in Agriculture
- What does Agriculture 3.0 look like?
- Little interest in cash advances remains a mystery
- Elaine Froese honoured for her contribution to farm management
- Every farm could use a peer group, but it’s not likely found at the coffee shop
- Economists spar in “overdue” supply management debate
- Uncertainty continues to hang over tax code changes
- RealAg Radio, Nov 28: Infant formula, trade restrictions and debating supply management
- The Great Debate Redux
- Where to begin with benchmarking your farm business — AgEx ’17 Preview
- Building an agile and resilient farm business — AgEx ’17
- Canadian Angus Association Blog- AgEx Conference
- Growing Farm Profits Weekly(Vol.2/No.48)- Musings from the Agricultural Excellence Conference
- Market Watch with David Derwin – November 28th – Top 5 Questions for your Marketing Plan
For information regarding sponsorship or other event details, please contact:
Farm Management Canada
613-237-9060 x 23
- Effective Use Of Financial Tools Already At Your Fingertips — David Derwin
- How to Sell Commodities Directly to International Buyers
- Diversity of Producers Enables Unique Learning Experience at Ag Excellence – Heather Watson
- Benchmarking Your Farm — An Agricultural Excellence Conference Preview
- Will Future Farmers Have to Go to the Field? — A Preview of AgEx Conference ’15
- “We Wish Parents Understood” – More Talk from AgExcellence
- Earl Geddes Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference:Escape the Cold: The Value of Seeing How Your Crop is Used in Other (Warmer) Parts of the World
- Humphrey Bannack Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: The Farmer’s Side of the Story — Letting Rick Mercer Drive Your Combine
- Tom Eisenhauer interview with Realagriculture.com at Agricultural Excellence Conference: ) Reasons to Sell Land and Lease it Back — a Toronto Investment Fund Manager’s Pitch
- Elaine Froese Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: The Three C’s for Managing Conflict in Farm Families
- JP Gervais Interview with Realagriculture.com at the Agricultural Excellence Conference: Market Outlooks and Mega-Farm Mistakes
- Succession stressing you out? Elaine Froese on doing your homework ahead of the AgEx Conference
- Farmers must keep an eye on risks beyond weather, markets
- Farmers still prefer real-life face time
- Reap profits from info, say data providers
- Ag Excellence!!!