Who We Are
Farm Management Canada (FMC) is an award-winning, trusted management resource for farm business managers and others in the agriculture industry.
We are the only national organization dedicated exclusively to providing the resources necessary to enable Canadian farmers to make sound management decisions.
FMC partners with industry stakeholders, including: governments, public and private sector organizations, and farm and commodity associations, to promote and foster the development of excellence in Canada’s agricultural sector.
Supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, and a growing number of private partners, FMC is fulfilling a significant role in nurturing a thriving Canadian agriculture industry.
PROGRAMS + SERVICES
This program seeks to help bridge the gap between generations of farmers to provide Canada’s future farmers with the best chance for success. It is comprised of a series of Succession & Transition Planning workshops for farm families, coupled with a Successor Development program, exclusively for young farmers.
Farm Management Canada’s National Farm Leadership Program supports the development of leader effectiveness in Canada’s ag sector. The program, designed for hectic farm life, empowers farmers who have a desire to learn and to perform, in real time. Powered by LeaderShift Inc.
AME’s Canadian Total Excellence in Agricultural Management (CTEAM) Program is Canada’s only national farm management training program, and the only program that uses your own farm data to create a strategic plan specifically for your operation. Proudly supported by Farm Management Canada.
Farm Management Canada (FMC) will host the next Agricultural Excellence Conference (AgEx) in Fredericton, New Brunswick from December 2-4 2019.
The Agricultural Excellence Conference is a one-of-a-kind event in Canada, focusing on bringing diverse industry experts and stakeholders together from across disciplines, regions and commodity sectors to share insights and explore beneficial farm management practices, with leading farm business thinkers.
- Mental Health and Farm Business Management
- Eagle Financial Analysis Software
Agriwebinar® provides farmers and agriculture professionals with access to topical and timely farm business management information from anywhere at any time.
Our awards include:
- Excellence Award for Agricultural Students
- Wilson Loree Award
- Brigid Rivoire Award for Champions of Agricultural Mental Health
EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- FCC Presents: Risk Management in Agriculture 2019
- Agriwebinar: Farm Financials to Help You Sleep at Night – Part Two
- Agriwebinar: National Farm Leadership Program Q&A
Have an event you would like to share? Contact us at info(at)fmc-gac.com.
- Sign Up to take our Mental Health & Farm Management Survey
- Request for Expressions of Interest – Roots to Success: Taking a comprehensive approach to managing farm risk
- Announcing the Winners of Cultivating Resilience – A Video Competition for Women in Ag!
- The Autumn 2019 FMC Update is now available!
- Farm Management Canada receives Community Agricultural Grant from Peavey Industries LP/TSC Stores LTD.
- National Farm Leadership Program Launches in 2020
- 2019-20 Excellence Award for Agricultural Students is now open!
- FMC Welcomes New Directors, Thanks its Champions, Celebrates Success at Annual Meeting
- The Winners of the Excellence Award for Ag Students Have Been Selected!
- New Risk Management Tool Helps Keep Canadian Agriculture Competitive
- Farm Management Canada Welcomes IntelliFARM
- Save the Date for AgEx 2019!