Who We Are
Farm Management Canada (FMC) is an award-winning, trusted management resource for farm business managers and others in the agriculture industry.
We are the only national organization dedicated exclusively to providing the resources necessary to enable Canadian farmers to make sound management decisions.
FMC partners with industry stakeholders, including: governments, public and private sector organizations, and farm and commodity associations, to promote and foster the development of excellence in Canada’s agricultural sector.
Supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, and a growing number of private partners, FMC is fulfilling a significant role in nurturing a thriving Canadian agriculture industry.
2018 Wilson Loree Award
Do you know someone who has made an extraordinary contribution to developing and promoting new and positive change in agricultural business management practices in Canada?
Nominations are due October 5
PROGRAMS + SERVICES
This program seeks to help bridge the gap between generations of farmers to provide Canada’s future farmers with the best chance for success. It is comprised of a series of Succession & Transition Planning workshops for farm families, coupled with a Successor Development program, exclusively for young farmers.
AME’s Canadian Total Excellence in Agricultural Management (CTEAM) Program is Canada’s only national farm management training program, and the only program that uses your own farm data to create a strategic plan specifically for your operation. Proudly supported by Farm Management Canada.
Farm Management Canada (FMC) will host the next Agricultural Excellence Conference (AgEx) in Winnipeg, Manitoba in November 2018.
The Agricultural Excellence Conference is a one-of-a-kind event in Canada, focusing on bringing diverse industry experts and stakeholders together from across disciplines, regions and commodity sectors to share insights and explore beneficial farm management practices, with leading farm business thinkers.
FMC has partnered with Backswath Management Inc. to enhance the EAGLE farm performance program and expand its reach within Canada, while internationally, FMC has partnered with agribenchmark to expand Canada’s participation in this international benchmarking program.
Agriwebinar® provides farmers and agriculture professionals with access to topical and timely farm business management information from anywhere at any time.
Our awards include:
- Excellence Award for Agricultural Students
- Wilson Loree Award
- Bob Ross Scholarship
- New Brunswick Farmers funding available for AgEx Registration!
- 2018-19 Excellence Award for Agricultural Students is Now Open!
- Wilson Loree Award Now Accepting Nominations
- Manitoba Young and Beginning Farmers Eligible for 50% Reimbursement of AgEx Registration!
- The Summer 2018 FMC Update is now available!
- Y We Farm: Young Farmer Video Competition
- FMC Welcomes New Directors, Celebrates Success
- The Winner of the Excellence Award for Ag Students Has Been Selected!
- Agricultural Excellence 2018 – Registration Now Open!
- Alberta Wheat Commission and FMC Announce Strategic Alliance
- Fill out our survey for your chance to win a free registration to AgEx 2018!
- Call for Nominations for the FMC Board of Directors
- Growing Your Farm Profits: Planning for Business Success now online!