Mental Health and Farm Business Management
The conversation around improving the mental health of all Canadians has been elevated in recent years. In recognition of the contribution of farmers to the Canadian economy, support for farm businesses continues to be delivered across the country through federal, provincial and territorial governments; not-for-profit organizations; and community groups.
The mental health of Canada’s farmers as it relates to farm business management is of critical economic, and public health importance. That is why Farm Management Canada, along with its partners, has been working to improve our understanding of the relationship between mental health and farm business management. More specifically, to highlight how mental health can be supported through farm business management, and how farm business management can contribute to positive mental health.
Mental Health in Agriculture Updates:
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms Media Kit
- New Research Available: Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms – Press Releases
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms; Exploring the Connection Between Mental Health and Farm Business Management – Full Report
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms; Exploring the Connection Between Mental Health and Farm Business Management – Executive Summary
- Environmental Scan reveals lack of research exploring mental health and farm management
- Peavey Industries LP/TSC Stores LTD. Community Agricultural Grant to Bring Mental Health Workshops for Farmers to Ontario
- Mental Health Workshop Series in Southern Ontario
- Healthy Farmers, Healthy Farms Supporting our Rural Communities Eastern Ontario Workshop Series